Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dear Fool

(This is my little sister Grace. Today she turns nineteen years old. This post is entirely directed at her in the form of a letter. You can read it if you want but it's for her)

Dear Fool,
Today is your nineteenth birthday! YOU'RE SO OLD! Just kidding, if that made you old, I'd be ancient and we know that's just not true.

Anyways, I can't be with you today on your birthday because I'm away at school. But I figured I can still tell you some awesome stuff. Last time I was at school on your birthday, I gave you a journal and secretly stuck a letter in it for you to find without any parental units reading it first. I apologize in advance if I repeat myself but, as previously mentioned, I'm a few years older than you and therefore feeble and forgetful.

You're life is going places! You're so amazing and I think half the time you don't even see it. Yeah, you know as well as anyone that you can be a little conceited at times but it's GOOD to love yourself. It's GOOD to take pride in your appearance. It's GOOD to care a little about the image you give off. I hope that you are as happy with yourself as you try to put off the appearance of. You are a gorgeous girl and I hope that you really do see it.

In this last year, you started dating Zack. To that, I say you're welcome! haha. I know you were nervous starting out with this relationship but you guys have come so incredibly far. Zack is an amazing guy and I know that he treats you like the princess you are. He sees, just as I do, how amazing and gorgeous and all around cool you are. He's a keeper, little sister. 

One thing that I want you to know for sure is that I love you. I think you have an incredible amount of potential. You are a spit fire! I feel bad for the poor soul that tries to stand in the way of what you want or your dreams because you can take them down. I read something for my Book of Mormon class that reminds me of you. You probably know the scripture because it's quoted a lot and I think it might be a scripture mastery. It's in Alma (which I think is your favorite book in the Book of Mormon?) and the reference is 37:6-7. It talks about small and simple things. Well, my dear sister, you are a small and simple thing and you can do so many great things! You have the power to do absolutely anything at all and I hope that you realize it.

You're the best! And I hope all your birthday wishes come true. You deserve it, babe.

Love Always and Forever, N00b

No comments: