Friday, December 2, 2011

I'm Back! With a Bare Tummy Revolution


I know, I know. You're thinking: 
Eliza! You don't post for over a year and then you post a picture of your bare tummy?!
Trust me though, there is a clear thought process behind it which I'll explain in a moment.

First things first though.
I publicly and wholly apologize for the length of time since my last post.
I'm not so good at this post regularly thing am I?
I swear, though, I'm going to start doing better. I have been inspired to do better.

My dear friend who for slight privacy purposes we'll refer to as NickerBocker (she knows who she is) has a blog that she keeps quite regularly.
Another dear friend of mine who for slight privacy purposes we'll refer to as J-Dogg (I'll make sure she knows who she is) has started a blog as means to keep in touch with others.
And of course my mother and father who both have regular-ish blogs as well.
All these fine examples have inspired me to do better.

Now. Back to that Bare Tummy Photo.
The other day while I was perusing the internet via StumbleUpon (which I will endorse but with caution. SUPER addictive.) and I came across this post on a website that, I'll be honest, I have no recollection of what it was called.
Anyways, the reason this thing stood out to me was because I was confronted with a menagerie of bare tummies similar to the photo of mine you've been assaulted with.

The whole point of these bare tummies was that they were normal. They weren't photo-shopped or sucked in or anything these beautiful women were ashamed of.
And I think that in itself is a bit poetic.

So I decided I wanted to be a bit of a copycat.
I am posting this picture of my bare tummy in demonstration.
I  am not always proud of my tummy because its a little softer than I would like it to be and it's so pale I'm pretty sure it glows in the dark.

However!
It does so much for me. It helps me eat yummy food and tells me (sometimes not so politely) when I've eaten too much. It keeps all my insides safe. It's skin is always pleasantly soft and smooth without me having to do anything. When I have children, that will be where they stay the first nine-ish months of their lives and it will be a safe place they can comfortably rest their heads for eternity.

Real tummies are beautiful.
Real tummies are strong.
Real tummies mean so much more than any model tummy.
And that, my friends, is why I post my bare tummy.
And why I am proud of my bare tummy in all its very soft, glow-in-the-dark pale glory.

4 comments:

necrodancer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
necrodancer said...

It's good to be comfortable for who you are and all but...

I'll pass on showing mine

jessie.noelle said...

Lizer! I love love love what you said! I love all the reasons you appreciate your tummy. Especially the part about carrying children and then it being a safe place for them to rest their head on. Very true. I now appreciate my soft, pale tummy for the same reasons :))
J-dogg ;)

Twinibird said...

This is wonderful :)