Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jaded

I gotta tell you. I know that dating is for learning and you gotta kiss a few frogs to find a prince. But man! I am pretty tired of this game.

This is my public announcement that I've decided to build the walls up. I'm done with jumping in with both feet. I'm done with getting run over and trampled. So I'm going to protect myself.

I can't afford to be so emotionally crushed every time it doesn't work. I don't have the time to devote to putting myself back together after the storm and turmoil.

So it's going to take someone really amazing to break me down again. I didn't realize how on the verge I was  but I am past the point of break. This was the last straw and I just don't want to do this anymore.

I am open to finding love and happiness and all of those things we strive for, don't get me wrong. I'm just putting on some armor, placing my heart in a steel cage, and pouring concrete around that cage.

So come and get me, Prince Charming. I'm ready and waiting.

1 comment:

Nikki George said...

How do you know putting up walls will make you miss the signs and miss out on the chance of a life time bc you were over protected and to scared?