Sunday, February 9, 2014

She's Not a Baby Anymore


My Dear Baby Sister is celebrating her 19th birthday today and so this post is specifically for her. Make of that what you will, you know the drill by now.

Ok Baby Sister here we go!!

I am so proud of you and all that you've already accomplished in your not that long life. By this time next year, you'll already have your associates degree and that's pretty impressive darling. You are so smart and there's really nothing you can't do. I hope that I can convince you to come to BYU-I so that we can go to school together for like a little bit because that would be pretty dang cool.

You are also probably the toughest kid I know. If you hadn't been through enough with the hip surgery and stuff, you just had your tonsils and stuff out and that is crazy. Your pain tolerance is like through the roof I swear! Hopefully the hardest stuff is behind you now but if not I know that you can make it through anything because you just can. 

Baby Sis, I have always thought of you as my Baby Sister just because you're the youngest one. But you are so far from a baby. You have grown up so much and you're definitely taller than me now. It's more than just height though. We've been through a lot as a family and you've been right there in the thick of it with all of us. You know as well as any of us how to get through hard times, probably more than you should at 19 years old.

Even though you're basically all grown up now, you will always be my Baby Sister. I say this with affection too, I swear. I love you so so so so SO much. Like it's ridiculous. You will always be my Baby Sister because you're stuck with me. You can't get rid of me, babe. I love you and I can't wait to see what more you can do with this next year. Nothing will stop you from what you want and I hope that you take me along with you as you continue to grow and blossom.

I love you, Baby Sister. I can't say it enough.

Love, Your Big Sister

No comments: