Friday, March 4, 2016

A Year In Review

I'm terrible at updating my blog. I've been thinking I should write on my blog pretty much once a week for the last year that I haven't written. Which is terrible. I'm terrible. I have a plan to do better now. But I should probably update the world on my life. The three people in Russia that look at my blog all the time are probably really confused about where I fell off the face of the earth considering I updated my blog once in 2015 and it's three months into 2016 now. Anyways. Enough of that.

So! Life has been pretty wonderful in the last year actually. And I don't feel like I get to say that very often. I've started the BACO program with Indiana Wesleyan University online for Addictions Counseling and that's going really well I think. Since the classes are shorter, I feel like I don't have enough time to screw it up.

In last spring, I started dating a guy named Rusty. And now all the details for you! We went on group dates with our friends that got married in November(on my birthday! Happy birthday to me!) We went to Rexburg for the 4th of July together which was pretty fun. In the fall, we were walking around the mall near where we live and ended up looking at engagement rings. Things were crazy because we were just looking to get an idea of what was going on and then this guy asked another associate what we were doing. Then when the sales associate said we were looking at engagement and wedding rings, he gave us a hundred dollars towards our purchases. We decided that was like a sign that we were in the right place at the right time doing what we were supposed to be doing. So we ended up buying all three rings that day- my engagement ring, my wedding band, and his wedding band.

After that, Rusty took his parents out to dinner and then he took my Dad out to dinner. He wanted to do some big proposal thing like what you see on youtube but I told him not to worry about it and just be himself and do something that mattered to the both of us. He finally proposed in October and now we're getting married in three months!

We set the date for June 4th. That just so happens to be my grandmother's birthday so I spoke with her about it before setting it to make sure she was okay sharing her day with us. Things have been really rolling forward in the last couple months too. I bought a dress in January and I would show you pictures but I don't want Rusty to see. Our theme is a 1950s Fairytale and we're doing a lot of the decorations on our own so we've been working on getting things together for that. We have eight bridesmaids, eight groomsmen, two junior bridesmaids, a flower girl, and a ring bearer. It's a lot of people to coordinate but so far I think it's working. I'm not going to tell you all the details because then I'd have nothing exciting to show and tell when the wedding actually happens.

Also, my lovely little Noob (Grace) is pregnant!! Woohoooo! Her and Zach found out that they're having a girl almost a month ago now. The baby is due the end of June. So June is going to be a crazy month for us!

Rusty is working on his application to school and so come fall we're planning on being in Rexburg if everything goes accordingly. We've been doing some apartment hunting online and we've got a couple complexes we're planning on applying to. My biggest worry is getting a full time job in Rexburg that will be enough for us to live on. I guess we'll see what happens.

That's pretty much my life in a nut shell. I've learned a lot in the last year, whether in school, relationships, or just about myself. Really, I can go into more details about that stuff in different posts but I figured I owed you (whoever you are) a starting point for where I am.

I am excited to go forward and learn even more. Hopefully life stays rolling forward and as bright as it is now.

No comments: