Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bailey Fancy Boots of Cataan


I love my puppy. She's had a rough year, too.
Earlier this year, sometime in October, we lost Zoe to doggy cancer.
We all think about how it affects us but I haven't really put much thought into how it affected Bailey.
She lost someone important too. Zoe and Bailey were good friends, they shared everything and they looked out for each other.

Zoe had a seizure disorder and would have seizures every once in awhile. No one took care of her on those days quite like Bailey. She wouldn't leave her side. Literally. It was almost annoying how "at her side" Bailey was. But it was sweet simultaneously.

Now that we're down to just one puppy, Bailey has a bit more freedom. Because Zoe's cancer had caused her to become incontinent, the dogs weren't allowed out of the tiled kitchen area because of the potential mess. Now, Bailey can go almost anywhere she pleases.

In all three times I've been home to visit since September, Bailey has been the most visibly excited to see me. She doesn't have a tail but she wiggles her little behind so fast and hard that she can't really walk.

She loves everyone and we all love her.

Bailey, I know you can't read this being a dog and all but I just wanted to tell you how awesome you are. I'm so glad you're ours. Life at home would not be the same without you. Thanks for being so awesome, Baby Girl :)

1 comment:

jessie.noelle said...

I may or may not have looked up "incontinent" after reading this :)
I love this entry Eliza. I love dogs with all my heart. The part about Bailey being the most visibly excited to see you: isn't it amazing and admirable how loving dogs are to us and how we can always count on them to show their true feelings? We can always count on them to love us unconditionally. They are, in my opinion, one of God's greatest creations.